Programs

Programs
The program you were using has commited suicide.

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Latest reel

Here's the link to my updated version of my Leica reel right now. I made the beginning start more suddenly like many people had been continuously suggesting. I think it helped give the beginning more impact.

Leica Reel

My only concerns are regarding the the part in the beginning 20 seconds in where the character walks into the distance only to find himself coming back the way he came. I feel it slows down the pacing of my film so I was wondering if it would be better to just get rid of it. (same with when the other character does the same thing 44 seconds in)

Also, I made the second stairway into a ladder but I'm not sure if that conflicts with the previous stairway. I'm wondering if I should make them both ladders, keep them both as stairways or if it even matters.

(Assuming anyone actually reads this...lol) Your opinions would be greatly appreciated! :D

1 comment:

  1. Perhaps if you made them both running instead...? I know personally if i was in a frightening situation and one of my friends flew away, I'd be running instead of walking. It would also keep up the pace and a sense of urgency.

    As for the stairs/ladders, I think it should be one or the other, to be honest. Ladders may be better, seeing as there aren't actually stairs in the game, but that's really preference. If it's either stairs or ladders, people will get it, but having both throws off consistency. Also, if you go with ladders, maybe have them already in set spots? Dropping down from nowhere seems kinda random.

    Also, are you gonna have squares drawn on the ground? Would make a bit of a connection at the end thinking back to how characters couldn't cross the lines on the ground until the thundering happened. I know, personally, that I'm really insistent that every game piece is on the right square when I play a game XD

    Looks beautiful so far~

    ReplyDelete